Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, August 26, 2007


    Rocking in Niger

    Quick update here folks from Niamey, Niger. I just recorded

    two of Niger's most exciting and soulful musicians at the

    Grand Hotel on the Niger river at sunset--huge success, great

    quality recording and video, and we all had a

    blast. The artists were very happy to hear a studio quality recording of

    themselves as they simply don't have real good studios here

    and they are a fortune for them. A triple win--win for them,

    win for you future viewers of the show, and win for me who

    hopes to make a living from all this hard work :)



    I said goodbye to my hosts for one week Sascha and Judith and

    decided to give them some space while I continue my

    fundraising campaign from Niger with a goal to raise enough

    cash this year to take me all the way to 2009 in N. America.



    I'm working my tail off--12-15 hours a day on the net,

    PowerPoint proposals going out to sponsors, website,

    newsletters, fundraising party, video editing/screening

    project, filming, planning, etc. But it's all flowing from

    within and a power greater than me is driving me so it's not

    really work, just life.

    My plan is to be riding in next 48 hours or so with all the

    wheels turning and balls up in the air so I can catch them

    when I get to Mali, readjust, and toss more up till Burkina

    Faso then Ghana then USA for the real show. Exciting times

    indeed.

    The next posting will be a bit more culturally focused, for

    now, this is my life--gotta take care of the adminstration to

    make this show go on to the end!

    Big love to ya all from Niger!

    Jamie

    No comments: