Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, May 28, 2007

    Mom just left yesterday and I've had 2 doses of family visits from my cousin and now mom in Malawi, Tanzania, Kenya and Uganda. I love my family dearly and now I see a family drought coming my way so if you want to come play, let me know!

    I just typed a 10 page newsletter for Zambia and am catching up with Malawi and soon Kenya. I hope to get this blog and newsletters more current so be patient as I catch up.

    Uganda is amazing. The people are proud, humble and peaceful in light of a pretty rough recent past. We stayed with families, rode with the papa, tackled the mean roads and traffic, plunged down the class 5 rapids of the Nile and now it's all about music and culture here in Kampala. Also will be doing a visit to an orphanage and some media work. Kampala is busy, dusty and wild but not nearly as crazy as Nairobi or even Dar.

    In a few days I'll begin the major riding section of Uganda with some tough yet beautiful hills up towards the Congo border then turning back to Rwanda. Congo is a no-go--I'll be flying over it next month to West Africa.

    All is all, life is dandy. It's no vacation anymore with the filming and recording--shooting about 15+ hours per country of hi def footage is not easy, and managing sound, lighting, voice files, etc can get wearing at times. Luckily I get blessed with great people, awesome places to stay and fun things to do to break up the work a bit.

    Off to film a live Jam SEssion in the park. Catcha ya'll later :)

    Jamie

    No comments: