Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, November 23, 2008

    Blog from USA. San Diego, California. November 22, 2008


    Reconnected with my brother Nick and Mamacita in Mammoth Lakes, CA

    After about 11 months and 32 countries of Peace Pedaling I’m FINALLY back on US soil and elated as ever. I’m finally proud to be an American again (Go Obama!), stoked to see my family and can’t wait to connect with all my friends all over the country in the next several weeks. One thing that happens from long bouts away from home is that gratitude levels go off the charts and I appreciate so much my relationships and community back here at home.


    Pablo's new baby Madison! So so cute!

    I’ve been back about a week now and it feels like a month. I’m sucking in every moment and observing all the unique differences of culture, nature and energy. It’s quite fascinating and very stimulating. My first stops were to see my bro Pablo’s new baby Madison and to connect with my brother Nick for his birthday in Mammoth and spend some time with him, his wife, my mom and my brother Pete. Since then I’m trying to perfect a lovely blend of work and play that seem to dance quite effortlessly. I work a few hours, hit the surf, wrk some more, go for a run, work some more, see some family or call a friend, take a ride—life is pretty good.



    Nick's B-Day dinner was epic!


    Gotta love Cali! 7500 feet above sea level and almost 70 degrees. Kari n Me road riding ;)


    Our mountain biking with Nick's wife Kari in Mammoth. Sick!

    For those who think I don’t really “work” or “have a job”, well, think again. On the project board now are such exciting yet challenging tasks as getting a book deal, moving the film and TV project forward since signing our first development deal with a major network in Canada, organizing and updating endless bike and production equipment, setting up partnerships with new organizations, lining up media appearances, planning events, mapping out the 20-country route through the Americas—just to name a few. Don’t get me wrong, I love it, but it’s still hard work and fries the ticker just like any job.

    So that’s the latest and greatest San Diego where I just had an epic surf and glorious road ride in 70 degree weather in mid November. Off to hit the town on a Saturday night and cause some trouble…


    Meeting new friends in San Diego Saturday night. Good to be home!

    Update: off to see my family and friends in Northern California--going to be driving a 2700 VW Westfalia camper I picked up named Ciella and will be adventuring with an Israeli friend Shine I met in India in 2002. Rollin...


    Meet Ciella, my little home on wheels while back in USA ;)

    Peace,

    Jamie

    No comments: