Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, March 18, 2007

    I've had about a week of feeling cold and bitter after some tough run-ins with a string of dishonest riders and locals, but I'm finally back on my feet and feeling better.

    I learned a few things...

    1) TOLERANCE: this is what I claim to practice on my expedition. But I was not being tolerant of the fact that there are varying levels of integrity that people value in this world. I was not being tolerant of lower values of integrity and this has caused my own suffering. By just tolerating the differences of values, I stop feeling frustrated and celebrate the differences.

    2) KEEP DIGGING: Sometimes there is a diamond of a person just behind some dirty, immature rocks. If I stop digging, I miss out on a chance to find a real gem. So I kept digging, and am now loving life with amazing, soulful friends here in Lusaka. There are great people in all countries, but sometimes we may run into a few "immature apples" and need to keep picking till we find the ripe ones :)

    Off to film and record an AMAZING musician Patricia Phillippe http://www.patriciaphilippe.com/ at a live sunset show. Life is good!

    Jamie

    No comments: