Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, June 24, 2008


    Goulash Soup w/ my Hungarian Host Family: Bettina, Laszlo
    and Betinnas son Marcell n friends TAmas n Nandor


    And my new friends from the Budapest cycling community--Friday night preparty

    They guys ride everywhere! So so fun!

    The event at the Velodrome where I rode w/ tons of folks

    This guy Milkos has 3 tandems and takes blind riders out and more! http://www.velocen.hu/

    Budapest Update, June 24, 2008

    I'm in love with this city! The cycling community is rich, committed and funky cool. I am finally filling the holes in my equipment list after some serious issues with my bike and kit. It was all meant to be as I was in no hurry to to leave and my host here Bettina and Laszlo have been like my mom and dad. I even have a Hungarian little brother Marcell! I sort of needed it after some rough emotional patches in Serbia. My mental crash after Bosnia was significant and I've grown a ton from it all. Right now I'm happy to say I'm on the up n up, VERY excited to pedal off tomorrow towards Slovakia, and have some great riders set up to share their culture and country with us all.

    I'll write more later but have a busy day in store getting ready to ride tomorrow AM early towards Slovakia! Turns out that I am actually part Hungarian! My great grandparents are from former Hungary, now Slovakia . So hoping to have better luck searching them out than in Italy!

    Over n out for now!

    Jamie

    No comments: