Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, May 06, 2009

    Last Blog from Brazil: May 6, 2009

    Loving the Cambara nature with Lucas


    This is the last push folks! I only have a few days left adventuring here in Brazil and I’m going to suck up every second of it! My hosts Renata and Sheila were amazing and teleported me out of the busy streets of Caxias to the lovely mountains and Gaucho country of Cambara. We lived it up with great food, wine, riding and lovely bonding moments in nature. We picked up a great new addition to our crew named Lucas, an Argentinean cat who is too cool for school—we all fell in love with him right away.


    My lovely couchsurfing hosts Renata and Shelia. And the new kid on the block Lucas


    When the ladies took off I fell into the arms of the arms of the Janilce, Oliver and Lucas who took me in like family. I needed to get my bearings before finally departing and the nurturing, good food and quality quiet time was all I needed. Not only did I finally get back on the road but I managed to get Oliver out of bed and out riding. This is a huge deal since he’s been hurt, sad, depressed and drinking way too much lately due to a broken foot and spirit. The ride would do him well…


    Oliver was pumped up with fresh air and positive vibes after our adventures


    We took off into the perfect sunshine, tailwinds and nature with a support vessel driven by Lucas as we made our way to out to the Ruta do Sul highway. This would be my last goodbye to my crew and, after some amazing interviews for the cameras, I finally said my farewells. Plenty tears were a falling but when they dried I was pedaling solo from the high mountains of Southern Brazil towards the ocean once again.

    Ruta do Sul is a stunner indeed—a legendary highway taking you from the high Gaucho country down to the ocean. On the way I was flagged down by 3 Evangelical guys sitting under a tree and was inspired to ask if I could pitch my tent for the night. We ate, sipped ChimarrĂ£o (an herbal tea like Mate), philosophized about Jesus, religion, peace and love…it was epic. They fed me well, prayed loud and passionately for me and my journey and off I went the next day.



    My Evangelical Christian hosts cooking up a lovely meal.


    Yesterday was a stunner of a ride. I could did not find any Pedalers but I was happily able to enjoy a cycling experience like no other. Riding from 1200 meters to sea level and feeling, seeing and tasting all the changes of temperature, vegetation, food, people—wow. A must do for all you touring folks out there! Took a lovely swim in the ocean before realizing I was dead tired and needed to take a day off the bike ASAP. Hoped a bus to Porto Alegre where I hit the town and enjoyed some nice music and company with the local city folks, charged the batteries, offloaded footage and washed the clothes. Ready for action tomorrow!


    The amazing decent from the mountains to the ocean...epic!


    I’ll be in Uruguay this weekend! Very excited! Check a preview of the all the latest pics here J http://picasaweb.google.com/peacepedalers/FloripaToPortoAlegreGoodness?authkey=Gv1sRgCKOhmrC5s_Klfw#


    Live Big. Give Big. Love Big.

    Jamie

    No comments: