Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, July 10, 2009

    Blog from Bolivia
    July 10, 2009

    My last day of riding in the Chaco, Paraguay--Magical

    I just took the most dusty and bumpy bus ride I’ve had since back in Africa! I’m covered in dust as I write from the bus, looking out on the grey skies. I’m in Bolivia and feeling a bit low in the energy department but still pretty excited. Not as excited as I would be if my partner in crime Cristina was still with me, to be honest. We spent 18 days together adventuring Argentina and Paraguay together we grew quite close and used to being together. She was a great teammate, travel companion and now one of my best friends on the planet. Needless to say, yesterday was a teary one as she hopped a bus back to her backpack in Argentina and will be returning to Brazil soon after. I’m still recovering as I’m sure she is as well.



    Divertido=Fun!

    Golfing with Friendly German-Speaking Mennonites in Chaco Desert of Paraguay--Priceless

    4 Flats in one sittin'. Classic. A grand adventure in the Chaco

    And the people we met were just stunning...see the photo album for more!


    Paraguay was magical. I’ll be writing a newsletter shortly so stay on the newsletter list for a full journal as you’ll love the stories. From golfing and staying with Mennonites in the dry Chaco Desert, to adventures with two indigenous families way off the beaten path, it was unforgettable. A few pics are below and a rough cut of the photos can be found at http://picasaweb.google.com/peacepedalers/ParadiseInParaguay?feat=directlink#.

    Here in Camiri, Bolivia I really lucked out. Although I lost my partner in crime Cristina I am blessed with a big festival that is here in town with live music, happy people and good times. Going to find some cool music and art for the show over the next few days and begin my ride into the mountains soon after.


    If you are not on the newsletter list sign up. The next one will be a winner.


    Peace,

    Jamie

    No comments: