Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, July 27, 2009

    Blog from Iquique, Chile
    July 27, 2009


    The newborn puppies of my host Roberto. Too Cute!

    I made it to the Pacific Ocean and am fired up! The crack in the frame has indeed grown worse from 2-weeks of pedaling in Bolivia and not a titanium welder in sight so far. Looking like the frame piece will go back to USA and I'll take some time to do some skiing and writing while repairs are done.

    I landed into the arms of a super warm and open Corona family. All in all there are 11 of us under one cozy roof and I feel like part of the family. My host Roberto has styled me out with a portable office, place to stay and so much caring hospitality. He's a stellar photographer and visionary I'm sure you'll enjoy meeting in the near future. The Chileans are known for their tight family unit and I can certainly feel it here--and it's lovely.


    My Chilean brother Roberto and I in his studio workin' up some beautifully evil plans :)

    Off to Atacama for some adventures and relaxing later in the week followed by a search for snow in the Andes--been way too long without skiing and the broken bike frame is permission to ski, baby!

    Over n out for now!

    Jamie

    No comments: