Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, February 03, 2008

    Blog 2-3-08

    Greetings form Busua Beach, Ghana! I’ve been in Ghana for about a week now getting geared up for a huge 10 month expedition of West Africa and Europe and the butterflies are flying fast and furious in my stomach. It’s all about taking the first step, but I have to admit it’s pretty scary right now. But tomorrow I set off and will make the first pedal strokes of the final leg of the 2nd stage of this expedition.

    I was greeted at the airport by my good friends Kwame and his wife Gina and they managed to find me a cheap hotel in the middle of the huge Africa Cup soccer tournament, which was a rare find indeed. We watched Ghana upset Morocco and go to the quarter finals and it was a good welcome into Ghana indeed. We lined up an interview the papers, got my visa to Togo and Benin (an all day affair!), and got the bike and gear all organized for the trip!

    Now I’m at the beach doing some surfing at a friend Peter’s surf camp here where I was blessed with a new swell, offshore winds, no crowds and warm water. Today is my last day of surfing 4 hour sessions and it’s back on the road to discovery the real, modern day culture of Ghana on the historic Cape Coast to Accra.

    I have a great Mali newsletter coming soon! Stay tuned!

    Jamie ;)

    No comments: