Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, February 19, 2008

    From Heaven to Hell and Back in Togo...

    Quick update from Togo while internet is up since it's been down all over for days.

    I crossed the border and all was just dandy...palm trees, smiling faces, less traffic, the ocean on my right...all good. caught some amazing live music and met a lovely new Togolese friend Bridget who wanted to prove she could handle a 65km ride on the tandem. We hit the road the next day and all was peachy until about the 30km mark when I totally ran out of steam. We cut it early in Aneho where I grew totally ill with a 105 fever, chills, aches and zero energy.

    I had to drop Bridget off at her village the next day and seek refuge of a cheap guesthouse in Lome to get better...but I only got worse. To make a long nighmare short, I was dead in bed from Friday to Sunday sicker than i have been in years and missed the whole weekend in Lome. But thanks to the wonderful drug Cipro I finally took Saturday I was good to go Sunday and met my Togolese crew who came to greet me from Accra.

    So back to Heavenly good times...stayed in a cool village outside Lome with Kwame's dad, a new friend Isaac, and the whole family. caught some great vooodoo ceremony, and for last few days have been bonding with a cool new friend Issaac who found me on facebook and now we're good mates pedaling around cool country roads here in Togo lovin life!

    that's the latest....few more days here then on my way to Benin for some more adventures, surf, and good times!

    Peace,

    Jamie

    No comments: