Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, August 27, 2008

    Blog from Belfast, August 27, 2008

    New Peace Pedalers on Falls Road, Belfast

    I’m just about ready to set off on and epic 3-day journey through Northern Ireland to the Republic’s stunning west coast town of Sligo where I’ll finally get back in the ocean for some surf. Belfast has blown me away and my hosts Brid and Una have become like sisters living with them on and off for 5 days. The weekend was stellar with many laughs, meeting new friends, tilting the perfect pints of Guinness, checking live music and even a visit from a former Swedish guest rider Paula.

    Brid and Una, my Irish sisters here in Belfast

    Amazing nightlife in Belfast


    And stellar live music at the Jazz Festival

    Paula and I went out exploring the hills and lakes outside Belfast on a 2-day adventure that was dazzling with one day of great weather and another of typical Irish wind n rain. The video cameras are back out in full force as my inspiration returned and Ireland and its people will be nicely documented both in the North and in the Republic where I’m heading.

    Swedish guest rider Paula returns for a pedal in Ireland

    All in all, I’m loving this region of the world, minus the lousy weather. But it’s this constant showers and rain that brings about the lush green hills and warm people so it’s actually starting to grow on me. Personally I’m quite content, with the regular ups and downs emotionally that I’ve come to accept living the kind of lifestyle I am. Once again I had to say goodbye to great new friends and will soon say hello to new ones on the west coast.

    Over n out from Belfast, en route to the Sligo!

    Jamie

    No comments: