Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, August 03, 2008

    Blog from Sweden, August 3, 2008

    Big love from Malmo, Sweden! I’m a few minutes from departing on my ride north with a Couch Surfing host Lisa's roommate Paula to meet up with my Swedish Au Pair Carina who cared for me over 22 years ago at her beach house. Life is pretty darn good!


    My two Swedish hosts Paula and Lisa in Malmo Triple Riding at night :)



    Honestly the sun has been out almost non-stop with constant fun things to do. I cannot be bothered to stay indoors and write too much so you’ll have to wait for the rain to get full on journals written. They say it’s coming soon enough so gonna go ride now and not type too much… I did manage to get the photos of Czech, Germany AND Denmark up with captions and plenty of fun stories to be seen in the pics so check the homepage for links. Here’s the quick scoop for now and a few teaser pics...


    Jamie and Mathieu pedaling north from Berlin


    Axel and Jamie enjoying a sunset celebration at the beach

    I have been amongst some of the nicest people on earth since I landed in Berlin, Germany where I reported last. From there it was an epic 3 day ride with 3 riders Tim in Berlin, my French buddy Mathieu who I met in Benin now studying in Berlin, and my brother from another motha Axel for the final mission to Rostock, Germany to get my ferry to Denmark. Epic times with plenty of testosterone for a change.


    My host Mette and me pedaling in Denmark--Perfect!


    Jamie and Vibe at our lakeside campsite in Roskilde

    The sun kept on shining and the rainbow of good mojo in full force as I hit rode north and hit Copenhagen for a weekend of total bliss with three amazing Couchsurfing Danish princesses who showed me the best time ever. Mette, Vibe and Tanja are just three totally sweet Danish women introduced me to the local culture, music, food, fun in the sun and unforgettable memories. I have tons to write about this unforgettable experience in Denmark but the road is calling and going to let you check the photos for a visual adventure and I’ll write some journals when it finally rains...


    Lovin' the live concert in the sunshine!!!

    update just before finishing...it's starting to rain....

    But rain or shine, I’m in LOVE with Scandinavia so far. What a marvelous world it is up here! Enjoy the rest of the pics on the site and hope to write more soon :)

    Peace,

    Jamie

    1 comment:

    Mette Hessel said...

    "But rain or shine, I’m in LOVE with Scandinavia so far"

    ...but how about wind? Still loving it! hehe
    Nice post and loved the photo-album w/ the captions...

    xoxo
    -mette