Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, July 08, 2008

    Slovakia and Czech Blog: July 8, 2008

    Greetings from lovely Prague, Czech Republic! A few nuggets from the last days here in this amazing city:


    Reunited with my childhood friend Seamus Devine!

    One of my hosts Jozef on our amazing balcony

    Just a small sample of the fairytale scenery in Prague

    My other host Ondrej and I on a sunny Saturday ride

    And a super cool Czech Chic Irena who just rocks!

    So Slovakia was just so amazing and I wrote a nice journal with great photos. I suggest you check out www.peacepedalers.com/slovakia-nl.html.

    As for Czech I have been in a blurr of bliss since I arrived! For one, I like good beer. And everyone said the beer is just the best in the world here and they were NOT kidding. And I arrived on a Friday night, was welcomed by my host Jozef with my first Pilsner and it's been all about good times since then. I met up with a childhood buddy Seamus Devine who lives in Prague and it was like the 10 years had never passed--we had a blast out on the town. And boy does the town of Prague rock after the sun goes down--until the sun comes up!

    I spent Saturday with my hosts Ondrej and Jozef eating, riding around the amazing sights, drinking more yummy beer and watching all the lovely Czech people enjoying a perfect Saturday in the park and city. Seamus threw a party at his house so I got to reunite with he and some great Czech folks and an cool American chap Brian for a perfect evening of food, drinks and fun. Sunday was lazy, relaxing with my new Czech friend Irena who took me out site seeing and on a picnic on the park.

    And now, after a few days of administrative work on Peace Pedalers I'm going to follow my initial intuition and take a week off of Peace Pedaling and head to one of Europe's most epic music festivals, Exit Festival (www.exitfest.com). The lineup is beyond words with two of my favorites Miguel Migs from San Francisco (favorite DJ) and Manu Chao (my favorite band). Add to this the location in a fortress in fairytale Novi Sad, Serbia and the company great friends--I could not pass it up. Sooooo, Poland will be a short one, maybe just passin through...But I hope to get recharged for Western Europe and Scandinavian adventures!

    Over n Out from Prague!

    Jamie :)

    No comments: